Another A8N topic, needs its own forum....

kaptin

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Looking to build a new computer, 64bit of course. I just had a few questions before i ran head long into it (don't have money to throw away..and tax season only comes so often..)

My parts list is looking like this::

A8N-SLI Deluxe
1GB corsair pc3200
AMD Athlon 64 3200
ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro 256mb

QUESTIONS::

ATI works fine on an Nvidia chipset right?? Always used VIA till now..
-
I've notice a few people claim to have probs with the A8N del...but all the consumer reviews have been positve....everyone's thoughts??
-
Is the Sapphire a good brand....can't find any consumer reviews on it..
-

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies...
kaptin

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
1. Yes An ATI Card Will Work With An Nvidia Chipset
2. Just Becuase Some Pepole Have Problems With A Certain MOBO Dont Mean That You Will, And If You Order It From The Right Place You Can Return It (To Ither The Store/Website Or Manufacturer)
3. Yes Sapphire Is A DECENT Brand

RECCOMENDATIONS:

1. Double The RAM To 2GB If You Can Spare The $$ (RAM Is Cheaper Than Its Been In A Long Time) And 2GB Will Make Certain That You Will Never Run Out Of RAM, I Reccomend This RAM -----> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221130

(It Will Overclock Stable Clear Up To DDR500 Speeds!!! @ CAS 3-4-4-7 2.9v) I Borrowed Some From A Friend Before I Got Mine And Thats Why I Know It Will Hit DDR500 Speeds (Mines The Same RAM But Its A Bit Faster [DDR466] )

2. Go With A Dual-Core, Id Reccomend The 3800+ X2 (Read Here: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Buying-Dual-Core-Waste-ftopict172825.html

kaptin

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
....can't afford....

best 2gb lookin at $200...my choice is $82....

i'm gettin the A8N-del so that i can upgrade....prob end year :(

kaptin

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
pretty much just the main guts gettin upgraded...already have a new cd-rw/DVD-rom combo, and will have a DVD burner DL soon....psu is ok, and you never need a new floppy.....gonna be using for gamming (not super stuff mind you....just es4:eek:blivion, mabey wow(soon, i hope..), and some older games...)