enigma pop-up

From time to time I receive this popup from enigma
software saying my security wasn't tight enough
because they were able to determine my IP address and
then listed it. I'm running Norton 2001 Firewall and
Anti-virus(keeping my definitions up to date). I went
to their site and they were advertising a spyware
program. Could it be true that they really did get in
through the firewall? Thanks.

biff <mblaze1973@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:b7b401c4378c$caf3c920$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> From time to time I receive this popup from enigma
> software saying my security wasn't tight enough
> because they were able to determine my IP address and
> then listed it. I'm running Norton 2001 Firewall and
> Anti-virus(keeping my definitions up to date). I went
> to their site and they were advertising a spyware
> program. Could it be true that they really did get in
> through the firewall? Thanks.

Check your computer at the Gibson Research Corporation site

http://www.grc.com/default.htm

Run ShieldsUP

https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

"biff" <mblaze1973@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> From time to time I receive this popup from enigma
> software saying my security wasn't tight enough
> because they were able to determine my IP address and
> then listed it. I'm running Norton 2001 Firewall and
> Anti-virus(keeping my definitions up to date). I went
> to their site and they were advertising a spyware
> program. Could it be true that they really did get in
> through the firewall? Thanks.

Please ignore such popups. If you didn't share your IP address,
how would the server know where to send the information
(webpages, etc.) that you request? If you are greatly
concerned, install a hardware firewall and use NAT, then they
would only know the IP address of your firewall and not your
computer.