Can't access a folder I created

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
May 12, 2004 1:58:48 PM

I created a folder within another folder on my network
drive at work and when I try and open it I get the
message 'folder is located on an unavailable volume or is
protected by a password'. Any ideas on what I need to do
to access this folder? I'm running office '97.
Thanks in advance,
Wes

More about : access folder created

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 8:30:01 PM

Wes wrote:
> I created a folder within another folder on my network
> drive at work and when I try and open it I get the
> message 'folder is located on an unavailable volume or is
> protected by a password'. Any ideas on what I need to do
> to access this folder? I'm running office '97.
> Thanks in advance,

Wes, I'd check with IT at work and ask if there is a permissions issue
locking you out of that. You may, for example, have access to one folder but
not to its subfolders.

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://forum.aumha.org/

Hi Jim,
I tried accessing the folder again later and had no problems. Weirdness. Thanks for your help. Regards,
Wes
!