Firewall needed for Win95B

Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?

Thanks for your advices.

Nels

Sygate is better and a lot more secure.

I installed it from the Windows 95 Opti-Pack along with a bunch of
other updates.
It rox http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/45

It contains all the following: Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2, DirectX
8.0a, Windows media player 7.1, Sygate Personal Firewall 5.5, Bayden
PopupPopper 1.1, Avast! AntiVirus Home Edition, Avast! Virus
Cleaner-virus & worm removal tool, WinPatrol 7.0.0.3, Ad-aware 6.0,
msconfig.exe, PowerToys, Windows 95 Dial-Up Networking 1.4 Upgrade,
Windows Library Update, Windows 95 Y2K Update, Windows 95 OEM SR2
Update, Windows 95 Update for AMD-K6®-2/350, Windows 95 Backup Update

"Nels Hansen" <nmhansen@bendnet.delete.com> wrote in message news:<ek58vHQPEHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?
>
> Thanks for your advices.
>
> Nels

The Windows 95 version of ZoneAlarm has not had the security
updates that the current version of ZoneAlarm has. The
current version won't run/load on Windows95. Check
http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/ for the Win95 version
and other interesting and useful software.

Other free firewalls for Win95 that are reported to be up to
date. Read the System Requirements for each.

Sygate
http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm

Kerio
http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html

Tiny
http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview

Nels Hansen wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?
>
> Thanks for your advices.
>
> Nels

Sygate is better and a lot more secure.

I installed it from the Windows 95 Opti-Pack along with a bunch of
other updates. http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/45

Trust me, it's awesome! And it comes complete with a auto launcher
and an installer for every program and update, even MSCONFIG.

You can pick this baby up at:

Richard Arnett <rca1@infionline.net> wrote in message news:<40AA6078.EAEEBA5F@infionline.net>...
> The Windows 95 version of ZoneAlarm has not had the security
> updates that the current version of ZoneAlarm has. The
> current version won't run/load on Windows95. Check
> http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/ for the Win95 version
> and other interesting and useful software.
>
> Other free firewalls for Win95 that are reported to be up to
> date. Read the System Requirements for each.
>
> Sygate
> http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm
>
> Kerio
> http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
>
> Tiny
> http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview
>

> Nels Hansen wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?
> >
> > Thanks for your advices.
> >
> > Nels

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use the free ZA, v. 2.1.44 with W95B, but I don't think you can get it
from ZA anymore. Maybe someone else knows a source.
Larry

"Richard Arnett" <rca1@infionline.net> wrote in message
> The Windows 95 version of ZoneAlarm has not had the security
> updates that the current version of ZoneAlarm has. The
> current version won't run/load on Windows95. Check
> http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/ for the Win95 version
> and other interesting and useful software.
>
> Other free firewalls for Win95 that are reported to be up to
> date. Read the System Requirements for each.
>
> Sygate
> http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm
>
> Kerio
> http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
>
> Tiny
> http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview
>

> Nels Hansen wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?
> >
> > Thanks for your advices.
> >
> > Nels

I don't know where the last version of Zone Alarm that worked with Win95B can still
be downloaded from....you may have to find it from another user. IIRC that was
version 2.1.44

The current version of Kerio Personal Firewall and Win95 do not get along together,
and I could not even start Windows when I tried it on Win95B.

I have found that Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15....the precursor of Kerio....works
fine on Win95B:
http://tucows.so-net.com.hk/preview/195417.html
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Nels Hansen" <nmhansen@bendnet.delete.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know where I can download ZoneAlarm free for Win95B?
>
> Thanks for your advices.
>
> Nels

Thank you to all who helped!

The best download of ZoneAlarm for Win95B that I could find came from
OldVersion.com. It downloaded and installed without a hitch.

Appreciate the help that all of you gave.

Nels