What happened to the 150Gb Raptor on THW?

ArthurDent

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
With the last drive related article published over a month ago, I'm suprised to see Toms Hardware seems to have completely ignored the launch of the new WD Raptor drive - especially since the point keeps being raised in hard drive related articles, that THW is of the opinion that progress in HD performance is not moving fast enough!

mpjesse

Splendid
I agree completely. It seems none of the major enthusiast sites have reviewed it. I've seen some storage sites review it though. Anyways, it's probably 'cause Western Digital never bothered to send out samples. Still, you'd think someone would shell out $300 to test it.

The reviews i've seen shows it's god damned fast. Up to 23% faster than the 74GB raptors in some cases!

-mpjesse

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Western Digital WD1500 / Raptor X reviews are on the schedule for around 02/03/2006 (though that might change between now and then it's a rough guide.) We also have a loverly roundup you may like on Terabyte Drives due on 02/01/2006.

Patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait (etc etc etc).

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait (etc etc etc).

Patience is one virtue that's thin on the ground with your average hardware fanatic animal :D
Probably true alright. Well, for better or worse it's coming.