Windows 95 or 98lite?

Hello all,
I know that the 98lite is not endorsed by microsoft but I am looking for
doing an install on an old tired laptop (thinkpad 345CS) with DX4-75,
20MB RAM and 300MB disk. I am planning of making mostly work in Word
(probably word97 since I doubt that Word2000 will fit)

Anyone who has any experience with this, should I go with an old vanilla
win95 or 98lite and minimize my install?

// Yours Jonas

Jonas T Larsson wrote:
> I know that the 98lite is not endorsed by microsoft but I am looking
> for doing an install on an old tired laptop (thinkpad 345CS) with
> DX4-75, 20MB RAM and 300MB disk. I am planning of making mostly work
> in Word (probably word97 since I doubt that Word2000 will fit)
>
> Anyone who has any experience with this, should I go with an old
> vanilla win95 or 98lite and minimize my install?

With that little hard drive space, Windows 95 and Word would be pushing it!

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://forum.aumha.org/

Jim Eshelman wrote:

> Jonas T Larsson wrote:
>
>>I know that the 98lite is not endorsed by microsoft but I am looking
>>for doing an install on an old tired laptop (thinkpad 345CS) with
>>DX4-75, 20MB RAM and 300MB disk. I am planning of making mostly work
>>in Word (probably word97 since I doubt that Word2000 will fit)
>>
>>Anyone who has any experience with this, should I go with an old
>>vanilla win95 or 98lite and minimize my install?
>

> With that little hard drive space, Windows 95 and Word would be pushing it!

Pushing it a bit yes. Currently I am running win98lite word97 and
excel97 on it but I will prob re-install the lot due to language
problems. Even though it is by no means speedy it actually chugs on
quite nicely with word.

// Jonas