internet connection
cisco 827
static public ip 1

zywall 10w
static public ip 2

remote lan
ip 192.168.6.0/24

vpn configurated and active
public ip 1 and public ip 2 are on different networks

How can I route traffic form win2000 to remote lan? How can I ping remote
lan?

Thank you
Daniele
1 answer Last reply
More about route trouble

    "Daniele" <danielep@sNeOsStPaAnMtenet.it> wrote in message
    > My situation:
    >
    > win2000 pro+ssh sentinel 1.3.2.2
    > ip 192.168.1.101
    > |
    > internet connection
    > cisco 827
    > static public ip 1
    > |
    > zywall 10w
    > static public ip 2
    > |
    > remote lan
    > ip 192.168.6.0/24
    >
    > vpn configurated and active
    > public ip 1 and public ip 2 are on different networks
    >
    > How can I route traffic form win2000 to remote lan? How can I ping remote
    > lan?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Daniele

    Daniele,
    I would be intrested in the answer to this as well..... Thinking outloud
    here..... When you run ssh, aren't you "ssh'ing" to a specific machine on
    your LAN?
    In other words, it is like telnet, in that only two machines are involved?
    Has nothing to do with networking. VPN only active between the two routers,
    I presume?
    So for the networking, you would need to set a route for each end, on each
    machine at each end, unless you are running a routing protocol. What is the
    "default" route? I would think this would take care of it, at least at the
    client end. Maybe you need to set a route at the remote end to tell the
    machine how to get back to 192.168.1 subnet?
    John
    --
    www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.
    ....You spend your whole life figuring out what you should have done with it,

vpn IP LAN Networking