Recovering network support

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I am using Windows 95 on a Toshiba laptop. I accidentally
went to a web site (not a porn site) that opened more web
windows and locked up the IE. In my haste to eliminate
the problem, I deleted several things that I shouldn't
have deleted. I started getting messages that my DHCP
client could not get an address even if I was disconnected
from the internet and a message saying MSVCP60.dll is
missing. When I open IE, it just says this web site
cannot be displayed for any url I input. The system was
updated on line from its original version, so when I put
the Windows 95 CD in, I get a message that I can't use the
CD. Does anyone have suggestions for how to recover from
this? Many thanks if you have any ideas.

John

Download http://www.trapware.com/Downloads/msvcp60.dll
and put it in your Windows\System folder. You may have to
restart the computer before Windows can use the file.

Ben