Unable to get sound out of my pc ??

Sean_Collier

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I have 2 soundcards installed in my pc. Last night i decided to switch from my Audigy2 ZS sound card to my Audiophile 2496 card. I changed the card in my control panel/sounds+audio device. I made sure all the volume levels were full. I now cant seem to get any sound at all now.

I've reinstalled all the drivers and still no sound. I'm thinking that switching the sound card selection over has screwed up the bios settings or something...

Does anyone else have two sound cards in one pc, and what are the procedures for switching from one card to the other? And I need to know how to get my sound back. Thanks!

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
Have you tried enabling your new soundcard in the computer's BIOS? I've never installed one, myself, but it seems like something you should try.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
I do not think BIOS could get corrupted with something like that

Try XP system restore. I use it a lot and it usually works.

Otherwise I guess you are facing full reinstallation of both cards.
When installing 2nd soundcard be careful cus some drivers are not written well enough to put up with yet another soundcard driver.
When installing EMU 0404 with Audigy I had at that time I had to disable one in device manager while installing the other one. Separate hardware profiles is your another option.

@Detson: Enabling PCI card in mobo's BIOS? I do not think it is possible, or I misunderstood what you are saying

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
Well, like the sign says, I AM a newbie. I was generalizing from the time that I installed a PCI graphics card for my stepfather; the screen was full of artifacts and other errors until we disabled the onboard graphics in the BIOS and selected the new card as our primary display device. I'm certainly not claiming that the BIOS is corrupted. Sean, why do you need two sound cards installed simultaneously? Is one for recording or something?