Need some config help please.

I recently ran the 3Dmark06 on my computer and got a total score of 1735 and after a friend of mine ran it on his computer and got a 4735. I was like well damn maybe I should upgrade but I have more memory than him etc. The only difference being intel and amd and video cards but not 3000 points worth. Anyways here is my setup

A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD64 4000+ (single core)
2GB (4 x 512MB PC3500 DDR433 DIMM Memory Module)
72gb 10k rpm SATA Drive
ATI X800 PCI-E 256MB video card

I installed the Asus Probe last night an looked at the information here is some of the results

CPU temp 28C/82F
MB Temp 32C/89F

Under information I see this

Processor version: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+
Supported Voltage 1.4V
External Clock 200MHz
Max Speed 3700MHz
Current Speed 2400MHz

I almost passed out when I saw the current speed. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about need config please
  1. "Current Speed 2400MHz

I almost passed out when I saw the current speed. Can anyone help me out here?
    "

An Athlon 4000+ does indeed have a 2.4G operating speed. and utilizes a 1 mb L2 cache, the majority of benchmarks, it will keep with or defeat or at least place closely to a typical P4 at say, 3.8GHz, hence its 4000+ rating.....

However...3dMark06 is mostly a video card benchmark, so, despite having similarly rated top end processors/mb, the video card will indeed play the largest factor in "scores"...

A vanilla X800, although a decent card, will certainly be easily defeated by the variety of 6800GT/7800Gt/GTX, 1800XT, and now even X1900 variants...
  2. Why does the asus probe say the max speed is 3700MHz then?
  3. Be assured, your CPU is 2.4Ghz.
    Why did you go for an A8N SLI board?

And what spec is your friends PC??
  4. My friend has the Extreme N7800GTX/2DHTV card from asus and an Asus intel board with the 2.8 Dual core which he forgot to mention. From reviews I read and suggestions from other people the A8N Sli was the better board at the time to get. Although I am not really to happy with it especially after all the chipset fan problems it had even if I did replace them with the new northbridge heatsinks.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Configuration