Win95 Reinstallation Questions

Erehwon

Reformatted drive and reloaded Win95b with IE 3.0. I've got all (most?) of
the Windows updates, but which are really needed and in what order should
they, IE 5.5, etc. be installed? Is reboot recommended after each update or
just when Windows indicates a reboot is required? Must have got dumber
since I did this a few years ago because whatever I've done so far has
slowed boot time to a crawl and didn't have any problem the last time.
Figure I'll reformat and try again when I find out what I should have done.

>but which are really needed and in what order should
>they, IE 5.5, etc. be installed?

In date sequence.

>Is reboot recommended after each update or
>just when Windows indicates a reboot is required?

I recommend that you reboot after installing anything.

>Must have got dumber
>since I did this a few years ago because whatever I've done so far has
>slowed boot time to a crawl and didn't have any problem the last time.

Perhaps you are dealing with a defective hardware peripheral or you
have the wrong driver for a peripheral?

Bill Starbuck (MVP)