HP Control Panel password setting (Lj9050dn)

HP Documentation mention that it is possible to put a password
on control panel access but i cannot find any indication on how
to to it. I checked with the control panel menus, the web
interface and the telnet interface as well as documentation
(printed and on CD).

The printer is a LaserJet9050. When i print the configuration
(from the Control panel interface) it is mentionned that control
panel pasword is not set, so there must be a way to set one.

I Searched google archive of this group. Some people had this
problem a while ago but i could not find an answer. Someone
mention some PCL commands to send to the printer. I am looking
into this but that does not seem very secure or user friendly.

Sylvain

On 17 Nov 2004 19:21:42 GMT, Sylvain Fauvel
<fauvel@inrs-telecom.uquebec.ca> wrote:

> HP Documentation mention that it is possible to put a password
> on control panel access but i cannot find any indication on how
> to to it. I checked with the control panel menus, the web
> interface and the telnet interface as well as documentation
> (printed and on CD).
>
> The printer is a LaserJet9050. When i print the configuration
> (from the Control panel interface) it is mentionned that control
> panel pasword is not set, so there must be a way to set one.
>
> I Searched google archive of this group. Some people had this
> problem a while ago but i could not find an answer. Someone
> mention some PCL commands to send to the printer. I am looking
> into this but that does not seem very secure or user friendly.
>
> Sylvain

I believe you need to be in service mode to do this

Paul
Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com