Help!!!normal tempt for a motherboard

grace19

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
i am using a p4 prescot 3 ghz and my cpu tempt is around 50- 52...i am using three fan..and it is a asrock mobo...so what is the normal tempt...... :roll:

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Idle? Seems a little high, but given the error in measurement it may be just fine.

Download Prime95 and put it under load and watch to see where the temps go. Also, while you're at it, download Throttlewatch and see if it starts throttling when the temps go up.

In general, these chips tend to idle at about 45 C and go up into the 60's under load with stock cooling.

frost_fenix

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
you should be able to find your processor and the temp benchmarks for it if you check out toms. :p my amd 64 3200 runs at 33 C idle with stock cooling.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Another AMD fanboy answers a Intel question with a goose of a responce. Who cares what your AMD runs at. It is not what grace19 has!

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
grace19 said
i am using a p4 prescot 3 ghz and my cpu tempt is around 50- 52...i am using three fan..and it is a asrock mobo...so what is the normal tempt......

Are your fans running at full speed? Where are your fans placed?

Have you cleaned out the dust from the fans and CPU cooler?

My system runs at 32C idle and 44C load. Others also run at reasoable temps.

Reboot and see what idle temp is in bios.

============
Intel P4 640 3.2GHz

RichPLS

Champion
That is about normal, you might could bring it down a degree or two, but I wouldn't worry. I have a Prescott 3200 also, and they do not do any harm or throttling till they hit 80C. Just keep an eye on it if you see it getting over 70C at full load, like set your BIOS buzzer to 72C and if it doesn't ring you are good to rock.

grace19

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
thanks......as soon as i switched it on in the morning it is around 45 to 50.......i go directly to the bios....and this is what it shows me.. and at full load it is around 55 to 58 max......no more.....

My P4c actually gets hotter then my CeleronD at the same speeds, iv seen my P4 hit like 69c rendering video, now i have a new case its ~60, mind you my Albatron prolly overvolts it plus the vcore options are pathetic "+0.1v +0.2v +0.3v" - its either stock vcore of 1.525v or 1.625v so that might explain.

BTW i live in Australia - the place where prescotts shouldnt exist, when Intel says to keep case temps below 38 thats imposible - the ambient room temp is lucky to be that in the middle of summer, and cause of that i had to underclock my celeron D 1mhz less FSB to reboot (it will run games all day but when you reset the system it wont get back to windows).

frost_fenix

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
Another AMD fanboy answers a Intel question with a goose of a responce. Who cares what your AMD runs at. It is not what grace19 has!

hey go back and read my post again. i told him where he could find out what his processor should be running at as well as what my AMD was running at. my point for putting my temp on there was to make grace19 think about changing preference for his next purchace.

lost, your smartass remark isnt appreciated when i did tell him where he can find his answer.