Orange Micro Blue2 USB

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Just got this adapter and trying to get it to talk to my Motorola V600.
Went through "Jon's Guide" and the following:

at GeekZone. So far, I can't get them to talk. Anybody else have this
combo or at least the Blue2? Got a support contact email at Orange Micro??

Any help appreciated!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

<<snip>>

> >I had a lot of trouble with the BlueSoleil drivers supplied with mine,
and
> >tried the Widcomm ones which were also not trouble-free. People have
said
> >that XP2 will not install its drivers over any ones installed, but I
suspect
> >there is plenty of scope for conflicts. It took me several attempts to
get
> >mine stable, though I have to say detection was not a common problem.
> >
> >My advice would be to try again with the supplied drivers, if you have
the
> >patience, or exchange the dongle for a cable.
>
> My own advice is to try the Widcomm drivers as described in Jon's
Bluetooth
> Guide <http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/>. That completely solved my
own
> Bluetooth problems, and was unfazed by installing Windows XP SP2. Highly
> recommended.

I found those drivers, while (sort of) working under Win98Se, made a huge
number of changes to the registry, some of them quite alarming. All
existing network connections were messed up, and I could not get my modem
working again. Also, they did not uninstall cleanly. I was glad to remove
them, though I miss the "SendTo" application.