Mike

Splendid

Anyone else notice that the real world weather doesn't seem to be updating.
I know the server went down a few weeks ago, but i'm now able to download
the weather, but it doesn't seem up to date at all

"Mike" <red-dog1970@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone else notice that the real world weather doesn't seem to be
> updating. I know the server went down a few weeks ago, but i'm now able to
> download the weather, but it doesn't seem up to date at all

I thought it was just me. I was listening to all the thunder this afternoon
and decide to go fly in the storms. However, the weather in the box is
severe clear, although it shows the progress bars for downloading from Jep
and loading into FS9.

Bob McKellar

I've seen reports of this on AVSIM, too. Might be a good time to try
the free program FSMetar
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fsmetar/

It's a little program that you load outside of FS. It loads weather
data from one of several sources and plugs it into FS. Operation is
pretty seamless. In my experience, it gives somewhat more detailed
weather than the default Real Weather. Since it reads METARs, you can
also use it to get "old" weather, i.e., weather from days of yore.

Where do you get old METARs? Start here:
http://vortex.plymouth.edu/sa_parse-u.html

Of course, if you have are flush with cash, get ActiveSky. I don't know
anyone who doesn't like it. Don't know when the new version is coming
out -- might be worth waiting for that, depending on their upgrade
policy.

"Mike" <red-dog1970@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone else notice that the real world weather doesn't seem to be
> updating. I know the server went down a few weeks ago, but i'm now able to
> download the weather, but it doesn't seem up to date at all

FS2004 freezes up on me whenever I try to load real world weather lately. I
thought it was just me.

Fully agree with David on Active Sky! As if it draws it all a lot better. I
was quite happy with FS_Meteo, but this does beat it.
Loek

"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> schreef in
bericht news:1112912064.24146@forums.simradar.com...