Win95 Protection Error

I'm having a problem with Windows Protection Error. I have
a Soyo 5EHM motherboard which I'm trying to use with an
AMD K6-2 400 CPU and Win 95B. (I need Win 95 because it's
a PC for audio recording using a Turtle Beach Tahiti sound
card, and there are no drivers for Win2K, XP, ME, etc).

I obtained the motherboard and CPU to replace an existing
mobo/Pentium 200 MMX system. I reformatted the 8.4 GB hard
drive, and reinstalled Win95. When trying to boot up, I
got the Protection Error every time. I tried putting the
old Pentium 200 CPU in the new (to me) Soyo mobo. It boots
up fine, everything works perfect, network connects ok. So
I assume the mobo is ok, maybe the AMD 400 CPU has a
problem. So I obtained another AMD K6-2 400 CPU. I get the
same problem, with Windows protection error.

So the question is, do I have a bad mobo, or two bad CPUs?
The mobo works perfectly with the Pentium 200. BTW, all
jumper configurations were set properly for the various
CPUs.

See http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q192/8/41.asp

Ben

"William Robinson" <wkb_am@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:18d1901c44b65$fb644890$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> I'm having a problem with Windows Protection Error. I have
> a Soyo 5EHM motherboard which I'm trying to use with an
> AMD K6-2 400 CPU and Win 95B. (I need Win 95 because it's
> a PC for audio recording using a Turtle Beach Tahiti sound
> card, and there are no drivers for Win2K, XP, ME, etc).
>
> I obtained the motherboard and CPU to replace an existing
> mobo/Pentium 200 MMX system. I reformatted the 8.4 GB hard
> drive, and reinstalled Win95. When trying to boot up, I
> got the Protection Error every time. I tried putting the
> old Pentium 200 CPU in the new (to me) Soyo mobo. It boots
> up fine, everything works perfect, network connects ok. So
> I assume the mobo is ok, maybe the AMD 400 CPU has a
> problem. So I obtained another AMD K6-2 400 CPU. I get the
> same problem, with Windows protection error.
>
> So the question is, do I have a bad mobo, or two bad CPUs?
> The mobo works perfectly with the Pentium 200. BTW, all
> jumper configurations were set properly for the various
> CPUs.

>See
http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q192/8/
41.asp

>Ben

Thanks. That seems to have did the trick.