Just did the SP2 install and after 2 days everytime I boot my computer takes
3 minutes. before it was just 1 min. 20 secs. This is an improvment?? Any
suggestions or help?

Another user has posted a suggestion for similar problem. Check here"
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&mid=a85a140b-ffab-47f0-aeee-9462d52db73c&sloc=en-us

Another post suggests that do a defrag and disk clean up. Here are quick
links for these
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

"MrMick" wrote:

> Just did the SP2 install and after 2 days everytime I boot my computer takes
> 3 minutes. before it was just 1 min. 20 secs. This is an improvment?? Any
> suggestions or help?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for letting me know if this solved your problem.
You must be American... good people, but they don't know what "politeness"
means.