Need Static IP Address

I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
that can provide me with a Static IP?

DRW
5 answers Last reply
More about need static address

    Do you need it to connect or just because it changes??? If it's just
    because it changes, take a look @ ipmailer. This will send an email to
    you with your new ip address. This way you don't need to change your
    account, if you don't want to.

    gene martinez wrote:
    > Do you need it to connect or just because it changes??? If it's just
    > because it changes, take a look @ ipmailer. This will send an email to
    > you with your new ip address. This way you don't need to change your
    > account, if you don't want to.
    >
    > drw170@yahoo.com (DRW) wrote:
    >

    >>I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    >>dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    >>that can provide me with a Static IP?
    >>
    >>DRW

    likely he needs it just to connect. A lot of VPN boxes will not work if
    the IP is dhcp assigned. Even if the dhcp server has a reservation (ie:
    it will always assign the smae address) vpn often will not work with
    some boxes.

    --
    Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
    This post may be copied freely without

    ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
    Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
    Sean Weintz
    462 Sixth Street , #A
    Brooklyn, NY 11215

    DRW wrote:

    > I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    > dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    > that can provide me with a Static IP?
    >
    > DRW

    I am using DSL.NET and am very happy. I got a block of 64 addresses and
    1.5mB up/down (symmetric) for just short of $400.00 month.

    --

    On 4 Jun 2004 20:12:14 -0700, DRW <drw170@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    > dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    > that can provide me with a Static IP?

    It would help if you mentioned you are in Guatemala City, Guatemala (which
    many people may not even know how to figure out). Otherwise you may get
    many pointless recommendations for ISP's that are not even in your
    country.

    Basically, you need to find a local ISP (dialup or broadband) that offers
    a static IP.

    use this link http://www.dyndns.org/
    then click on dynamic dns link on left hand side of page.
    "David Efflandt" <efflandt@xnet.com> wrote in message
    > On 4 Jun 2004 20:12:14 -0700, DRW <drw170@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
    > > dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
    > > that can provide me with a Static IP?
    >
    > It would help if you mentioned you are in Guatemala City, Guatemala (which
    > many people may not even know how to figure out). Otherwise you may get
    > many pointless recommendations for ISP's that are not even in your
    > country.
    >
    > Basically, you need to find a local ISP (dialup or broadband) that offers
    > a static IP.
    >
    > --
    > David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com/

VPN Static IP Networking