  • Static IP
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
June 5, 2004 12:12:14 AM

I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
that can provide me with a Static IP?

DRW

More about : static address

Anonymous
June 5, 2004 5:15:11 PM

Do you need it to connect or just because it changes??? If it's just
because it changes, take a look @ ipmailer. This will send an email to
you with your new ip address. This way you don't need to change your
account, if you don't want to.

drw170@yahoo.com (DRW) wrote:

>I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
>dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
>that can provide me with a Static IP?
>
>DRW
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 5:11:56 PM

gene martinez wrote:
> Do you need it to connect or just because it changes??? If it's just
> because it changes, take a look @ ipmailer. This will send an email to
> you with your new ip address. This way you don't need to change your
> account, if you don't want to.
>
> drw170@yahoo.com (DRW) wrote:
>

>>I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
>>dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
>>that can provide me with a Static IP?
>>
>>DRW

likely he needs it just to connect. A lot of VPN boxes will not work if
the IP is dhcp assigned. Even if the dhcp server has a reservation (ie:
it will always assign the smae address) vpn often will not work with
some boxes.

--
Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
This post may be copied freely without

ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
Sean Weintz
462 Sixth Street , #A
Brooklyn, NY 11215
June 7, 2004 5:13:13 PM

DRW wrote:

> I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
> dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
> that can provide me with a Static IP?
>
> DRW

I am using DSL.NET and am very happy. I got a block of 64 addresses and
1.5mB up/down (symmetric) for just short of $400.00 month.

--
Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
This post may be copied freely without
the express permission of T. Sean Weintz.
T. Sean Weintz could care less.
T. Sean Weintz is in no way responsible for
the accuracy of any information contained in
any usenet postings claiming to be from
T. Sean Weintz. Users reading postings from
T. Sean Weintz do so at their own risk.
T. Sean Weintz will in no way be liable for
premature hair loss, divorce, insanity,
world hunger, or any other adverse relults
that may arise from reading any usenet
posting attributed to T. Sean Weintz

ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
Sean Weintz
462 Sixth Street , #A
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 12:11:13 AM

On 4 Jun 2004 20:12:14 -0700, DRW <drw170@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new to VPN Connections, but I have discovered that I have a
> dynamic IP and I need a Static IP. Can anyone recommend a service
> that can provide me with a Static IP?

It would help if you mentioned you are in Guatemala City, Guatemala (which
many people may not even know how to figure out). Otherwise you may get
many pointless recommendations for ISP's that are not even in your
country.

Basically, you need to find a local ISP (dialup or broadband) that offers
a static IP.

July 14, 2004 9:45:18 PM

use this link http://www.dyndns.org/
then click on dynamic dns link on left hand side of page.

!