Ext'd Memory Sys crashed, HIMEM.SYS is missing - Help!

My computer won't start. Instead i get an error message: "Unable to control A20 line! XMS driver not installed. HIMEM.SYS is missing." Cont-Alt-Del won't work. I'm using an NEC Ready 9629 intel pentium computer. Any ideas you might have on what my next steps should be would be most appreciated.

thanx, tom

Can you get into safe mode? If you can, edit the c:\config.sys file. I
think that for a basic win95 installation you can pretty much remark (using
REM) every line out and it will work just fine.