Win 95 doesn't work after virus elimination

Anti-Virus program AVG said it would "heal" 31 virus
infected files in a computer that I was trying to help
fix. After it did it's healing process, Win 95 would not
execute any application because the error code says it
couldn't find "rrij.exe" file, supposedly needed for
applications. For example I can't use the Run program,
nor will Juno execute both because the system can't find
file "rrij.exe". Does anyone have a copy of rrij.exe they
can e-mail me, or is there any other way to fix the
problem? I presume rrij.exe would be available on any up
and running Windows 95 computer.
Thanks,
Al Davis

Unfortunately, your registry is corrupted and calling for a old file
installed by the virus and since removed by AVG.
Are you comfortable with editing the registry? Do you know how to backup
the registry before editing?
If so, go to this site http://snipurl.com/6xyy and follow the section of
editing the registry.
Sounds like what you had was the Pretty Park worm.

"Al Davis" <marsh649@charter.net> wrote in message
> Anti-Virus program AVG said it would "heal" 31 virus
> infected files in a computer that I was trying to help
> fix. After it did it's healing process, Win 95 would not
> execute any application because the error code says it
> couldn't find "rrij.exe" file, supposedly needed for
> applications. For example I can't use the Run program,
> nor will Juno execute both because the system can't find
> file "rrij.exe". Does anyone have a copy of rrij.exe they
> can e-mail me, or is there any other way to fix the
> problem? I presume rrij.exe would be available on any up
> and running Windows 95 computer.
> Thanks,
> Al Davis

That file was the virus, so you don't need another copy. You only need
the .exe (application) association corrected.
This Swen fix will correct that.

http://a64.g.akamai.net/7/64/2015/2003-09-25-15-/download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/fixswen.inf
(download, right-click, select Install)

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Al Davis"
<marsh649@charter.net> wrote:

>Anti-Virus program AVG said it would "heal" 31 virus
>infected files in a computer that I was trying to help
>fix. After it did it's healing process, Win 95 would not
>execute any application because the error code says it
>couldn't find "rrij.exe" file, supposedly needed for
>applications. For example I can't use the Run program,
>nor will Juno execute both because the system can't find
>file "rrij.exe". Does anyone have a copy of rrij.exe they
>can e-mail me, or is there any other way to fix the
>problem? I presume rrij.exe would be available on any up
>and running Windows 95 computer.
>Thanks,
>Al Davis

Go to google, search for , stinger , copy to floppy , run
and will take care of your problem.