Joelynn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Guys, I have recently bought a ATI x800xl to go with my AMD 64 3200+/ 2 GB/ 550 watt PS. It has played all games fine and I think I need to update my drivers. I have a CC center and the drivers are 5.10. How do I upgrade? Do I upgrade CC and drivers or just 5.10. Do I have to uninstall drivers and CC or Install over them? Would someone please take me thru the steps??

Thanks Joe

DragonDoc

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
The best rule is if it aint broke then don't touch it. Especially with ATI drivers. I have seen ATI cards work without a hitch and then you update the drivers and then all goes to sh...... If you need to update and it is a real ATI card (Manufactured and sold under ATI (not MSI or Asus etc.)) then you can go to ATI.com and get the latest drivers (at you own risk). If the card is an ATI chipset (GPU) and sold under another manufacture name like Gigabyte then you might want to check their site for updates. Hope this helps. 8O

Remember: :arrow: "if it aint broke then don't touch it" :D

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
DragonDoc said:
The best rule is if it aint broke then don't touch it. Especially with ATI drivers.

I agree here, ATI has frequent driver updates, none so far has really been worth the trouble to me. Players of the latest games will disagree and they are prob right but I'm still playing HL2 on the drivers provided by ATI just fine.