Urgent: Reset xp's dualview feature

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

After messing with nvidia's nview, Windows xp no longer recognizes 2
displays. The fx 5900 card has a vga and a dvi. 2 Questions:

1. Does Windows recognize 2 displays from the available video card ports or
the attached displays?

2. If Windows thinks there is only 1 display regardless of the card
installed, can I alter the registry or something to have it go back to
showing 2 screens in "display properties\settings" ?

Nick

(I apologize for the urgency but both the Samsung 173P monitor and the video
card are on day 28 of 30 for returns, purchased from Fry's. I'm afraid one
might be defective or damaged. - We don't have the Samsung ($700) box
anymore.)
1 answer Last reply
More about urgent reset dualview feature
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi,

    Go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_nview.html
    It may help you to solve your problem.

    Peter

    "Monte Grant" wrote:

    > After messing with nvidia's nview, Windows xp no longer recognizes 2
    > displays. The fx 5900 card has a vga and a dvi. 2 Questions:
    >
    > 1. Does Windows recognize 2 displays from the available video card ports or
    > the attached displays?
    >
    > 2. If Windows thinks there is only 1 display regardless of the card
    > installed, can I alter the registry or something to have it go back to
    > showing 2 screens in "display properties\settings" ?
    >
    > Nick
    >

    > (I apologize for the urgency but both the Samsung 173P monitor and the video
    > card are on day 28 of 30 for returns, purchased from Fry's. I'm afraid one
    > might be defective or damaged. - We don't have the Samsung ($700) box
    > anymore.)

Windows XP Displays Microsoft