Alps printers?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 17, 2004 11:52:50 PM

Is Alps still making their dye-sub printers? I couldn't find them on their
web site, www.alpsusa.com .

Charles P. Lamb

More about : alps printers

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 6:01:35 AM

Charles P Lamb wrote:

> Is Alps still making their dye-sub printers? I couldn't find them on
> their web site, www.alpsusa.com .
>
> Charles P. Lamb

No. They discontinued sales of the ALPS wax-thermal and dye-sub printers
within North America a couple of years ago, to concentrate on their OEM
business. Okidata later marketed one (as their DP-5000) overseas, but not
in the U.S. or Canada. Some models are still available from a few dealers
in Europe and Australia. The supplies (ink cartridges, etc.) are still
being produced. There's an ALPS mailing list on Yahoo if you want to
pursue this question. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alps/)

Al Preston
!