Is there a shortcut to screensaver?

Kage

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2004

I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop" "properties"
"screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on the screensaver.

Is there any such programming?

Thanks,
Karl

That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to launch and make a
shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your Windows/System32
directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in that directory
and type "dir *.scr"

"kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop" "properties"
> "screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on the
> screensaver.
>
> Is there any such programming?
>
> Thanks,
> Karl

Kage

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2004

Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard drive, no
..scr files show up?

Karl
"Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
> That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to launch and make a
> shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your Windows/System32
> directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in that
> directory and type "dir *.scr"
>
> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
>> I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop" "properties"
>> "screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on the
>> screensaver.
>>
>> Is there any such programming?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl

I'm not sure, they show up on mine when I searched.

> Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard drive, no
> .scr files show up?
>
> Karl
> "Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
>> That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to launch and make
>> a shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your Windows/System32
>> directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in that
>> directory and type "dir *.scr"
>>
>> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
>>> I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop" "properties"
>>> "screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on the
>>> screensaver.
>>>
>>> Is there any such programming?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

On the Search page: Search Options / Advanced Options

George

"kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard
drive, no
> .scr files show up?
>
> Karl
> "Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
> > That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to
launch and make a
> > shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your
Windows/System32
> > directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in
that
> > directory and type "dir *.scr"
> >
> > "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
> >> I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop"
"properties"
> >> "screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on
the
> >> screensaver.
> >>
> >> Is there any such programming?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Karl

Hi

Several screensavers are installed as default and should show up in a search
via Windows Explorer. Copies of those screensavers are normally kept in the
%systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder. Try the search from a command
prompt:

cd\
dir *.scr /a/s

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard drive, no
> .scr files show up?
>
> Karl
> "Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
>> That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to launch and make
>> a shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your Windows/System32
>> directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in that
>> directory and type "dir *.scr"
>>
>> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
>>> I'd like to put a shortcut to "right click on desktop" "properties"
>>> "screensaver" "preview," or any command that just turns on the
>>> screensaver.
>>>
>>> Is there any such programming?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

Kage

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2004

Thanks everyone.

I found the box to check, hidden folders.

Best,
Karl

> Hi
>
> Several screensavers are installed as default and should show up in a
> search via Windows Explorer. Copies of those screensavers are normally
> kept in the %systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder. Try the search from a
> command prompt:
>
> cd\
> dir *.scr /a/s
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard drive,
>> no .scr files show up?
>>
>> Karl
>> "Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
>>> That's no problem; just pick the screensaver you want to launch and make
>>> a shortcut to it's .scr file. They are located in your Windows/System32
>>> directory. To see a listing of them open a command prompt in that
>>> directory and type "dir *.scr"
>>>
>>> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message

Hi

The screensavers aren't in a hidden folder!!

--

> Thanks everyone.
>
> I found the box to check, hidden folders.
>
> Best,
> Karl

>> Hi
>>
>> Several screensavers are installed as default and should show up in a
>> search via Windows Explorer. Copies of those screensavers are normally
>> kept in the %systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder. Try the search from a
>> command prompt:
>>
>> cd\
>> dir *.scr /a/s
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "kage" <skywagon185@nomsn.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks. I wonder why if I do a search on *.scr on my entire hard drive,
>>> no .scr files show up?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>> "Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message

No, but they are in a system folder, and it is also hidden by default.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone