Your question

A8N32-SLI Deluxe and A8N-SLi Premium

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • SLI
Last response: in Motherboards
January 26, 2006 4:48:52 AM

Hi, everyone:

I'm a newbie in this forum and I'm about to build a new AMD X2 system. The CPU that I have in mind is the Opteron 165, but I seem not be able to make my mind on the motherboard.

Could anyone please tell me is it worth the extra money to go for A8N32-SLi Deluxe intead of the A8N-SLi Premium?

Also, could anyone please suggest a motherboard, other than the two from Asus, that is better suited if I 1) place stability as my first priority and 2) overclocking as my first priority.

Cheers

More about : a8n32 sli deluxe a8n sli premium

January 27, 2006 6:35:12 AM

From the various reviews that I read on the A8N32-SLI, while the x16 X 2 didn't make any difference, it did get a little higher overclock than the premium did. TechReport and Anandtech

Of course, it's also hard to find reviews of the Premium, since Asus did have a major delay on shipping it.
January 27, 2006 6:52:26 PM

Only thing i dont like about the A8N32-SLI deluxe is the layout. I have one and theres no room to put a sound card. Yeah, you could stick one inbetween the 2 vid cards, but thats leave barely anything breathing room between them. Reflecting back on my decision, i'd prolly got with that DFI board now, or that Abit Fatality board, they both have pretty attractive features.

~Maxiius
!