Replacement Win95 CD

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What is the policy for a replacement CD if I have damaged
my original and need to reinstall my Win95OS. I don't
want to upgrade and I don't have a copy (illegal?).

thanks...mikey.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Windows 95 is no longer supported by Microsoft so there is
no policy in existence with regard to it.

I would visit a shop that reconditions old computers or
have a look for computers that have been thrown out,
because many of them have hard drives with Windows 95 on
them.

I just came across on on a skip the other day - fully
functional.

Ebay is another good place to find it cheap.

An ad in a free advert paper would propably draw responses.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

Search the Internet for people who are offering to sell Windows. Some
sales of Win95 have taken place at very low prices ($5 to $10).

Bill Starbuck (MVP)