How to System Start without Programs Running

How do you start the computer and get the option not to
have programs run? Now I'm not talking about Safe Mode
Start up. There's some sort of dialog window that you can
select not to start programs running.

Thanks so much.
1 answer Last reply
More about system start programs running

    Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
    http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
    (Startman.exe down at the bottom)
    This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Glenn"

    >How do you start the computer and get the option not to
    >have programs run? Now I'm not talking about Safe Mode
    >Start up. There's some sort of dialog window that you can
    >select not to start programs running.
    >
    >Thanks so much.

Microsoft Windows