Black ink in S400, NOT!

Howdy: Got a problem with my folks' S400 Canon printer. Can't seem to
get the black to work. I've replaced the ink tank, soaked the pad on
both the tank and the cartridge with alcohol with no success. Ran
through full ink tanks once on deep cleaning cycle (except for black,
it's still full). Any ideas short of buying a new print head? The
three colors work fine.

Thanks.

--
The Seabat

The printhead is toast. Look on eBay for BC-33e. Quite a few are available
at a low price and some have the ink tanks as well.
--
Ron Cohen

"seabat" <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy: Got a problem with my folks' S400 Canon printer. Can't seem to
> get the black to work. I've replaced the ink tank, soaked the pad on
> both the tank and the cartridge with alcohol with no success. Ran
> through full ink tanks once on deep cleaning cycle (except for black,
> it's still full). Any ideas short of buying a new print head? The
> three colors work fine.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> The Seabat

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.