H6315 - Where's The Low Battery Warning Threshold Stored?

September 12, 2004 7:57:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

I would like to adjust the battery warning threshold on my iPAQ h6315.

Currently, once the battery strength drop to 25% or below, you get
these annoying warnings popping up all the time. I'm using the high
capacity battery and at 25%, I still have about 5 hours of usage left.
I don't need low-power warnings until 5% or thereabout.

I suspect it's just a matter of determining which registry key this
threshold is stored in.

Thanks,

A_C
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 3:40:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

I don't know if HP has done something different in the 6315, but in other
PPCs you are not able to control when to get the warning.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I would like to adjust the battery warning threshold on my iPAQ h6315.
>
> Currently, once the battery strength drop to 25% or below, you get
> these annoying warnings popping up all the time. I'm using the high
> capacity battery and at 25%, I still have about 5 hours of usage left.
> I don't need low-power warnings until 5% or thereabout.
>
> I suspect it's just a matter of determining which registry key this
> threshold is stored in.
>
> Thanks,
>
> A_C

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 3:40:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition (More info?)

On mine, I simply turned all the annoying pop-ups off.
Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications> Select the Low Battery
Warning Event > then Uncheck everything except Play Sound or Flash Light or
whatever you want.
I don't mind when it plays the sound now, I just hated when the window would
pop-up.

--

Doug Freeze
A Piano Tuner: