How to start only on dos program in Windows 95

Hello!

Can anyone help with this please?

How can start only one DOS EXE program thus that grafical windows not start,
only one dos program runs dos mode? (Like safe mode command prompt). How do
this automatic without pressing F8 or F6 keys...

--
Jukka

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The easiest way to do that is to use Microsoft's TweakUI
utility for Windows 95.

Get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToy
s/W95PwrToysSet/Default.asp

Click the Boot tab, and enable the Boot menu.

Windows will then show the boot menu and you just have to
choose the DOS prompt.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

Thank You wery much!
Generally i use Win XP Pro with network, but above mentioned is solution
some to old computer project.
I m grateful

--
Jukka from Finland

Question: In Windows 95 & Dos EXE program:

How is low level basic language inp and out instructions.
How they works directly to inteface cards ports or com port or lpt port.

--
Jukka

PLEASE EXPLAIN FURTHER... ARE YOU PROGRAMMING IN VISUAL BASIC WINDOWS 95?
ARE YOU TRYING TO PRINT TO LPT PORT?

REGARDS, JOHANN BEAR

"Jukka58" <no.spam.jukka58@surfeu.fi.pajua.net> wrote in message
> Question: In Windows 95 & Dos EXE program:
>
> How is low level basic language inp and out instructions.
> How they works directly to inteface cards ports or com port or lpt port.
>
> --
> Jukka

Basic INP and OUT instructions are essentially illegal when DOS is running
under Windows. The system gets around this by providing the DOS session with
a virtual port driver, so that DOS applications think that INP and OUT (or
their equivalent in another language) are directly accessing the I/O port.
They are actually accessing a Windows device driver that in turn uses
Windows procedures to access the I/O port in a properly managed way.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (DTS)