upgrading from windows 95

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 3, 2004 11:37:55 AM

my windows 95 os has served me well for the type of work i
need to do - until now - my digital camera software
requires a windows 98 or XP but apparently you can't
upgrade from 95 to XP and u can't buy windows 98
anymore..so whats the best solution?!

More about : upgrading windows

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 6:35:07 PM

If your hardware supports I would go to XP. While win95 cannot be upgraded,
the win95 disk will serve as a qualifying product for a winXP upgrade.

You can still find win98SE some places. You may try here:
www.pricewatch.com

Check under software operating systems.

Note you need the retail upgrade version or the retail full version for
upgrading. The OEM version (most available was designed for a clean install
and may not let you upgrade).

Another potential location is ebay.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"EJJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my windows 95 os has served me well for the type of work i
> need to do - until now - my digital camera software
> requires a windows 98 or XP but apparently you can't
> upgrade from 95 to XP and u can't buy windows 98
> anymore..so whats the best solution?!

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 3:39:47 AM

Try Ebay or Pricewatch