upgrading from windows 95

my windows 95 os has served me well for the type of work i
need to do - until now - my digital camera software
requires a windows 98 or XP but apparently you can't
upgrade from 95 to XP and u can't buy windows 98
anymore..so whats the best solution?!
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading windows

    If your hardware supports I would go to XP. While win95 cannot be upgraded,
    the win95 disk will serve as a qualifying product for a winXP upgrade.

    You can still find win98SE some places. You may try here:
    www.pricewatch.com

    Check under software operating systems.

    Note you need the retail upgrade version or the retail full version for
    upgrading. The OEM version (most available was designed for a clean install
    and may not let you upgrade).

    Another potential location is ebay.

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    "EJJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my windows 95 os has served me well for the type of work i
    > need to do - until now - my digital camera software
    > requires a windows 98 or XP but apparently you can't
    > upgrade from 95 to XP and u can't buy windows 98
    > anymore..so whats the best solution?!

    Try Ebay or Pricewatch

    don

    "Jon_Hildrum" <Jon_Hildrum@amsn.com> wrote in message
    If your hardware supports I would go to XP. While win95 cannot be upgraded,
    the win95 disk will serve as a qualifying product for a winXP upgrade.

    You can still find win98SE some places. You may try here:
    www.pricewatch.com

    Check under software operating systems.

    Note you need the retail upgrade version or the retail full version for
    upgrading. The OEM version (most available was designed for a clean install
    and may not let you upgrade).

    Another potential location is ebay.

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    Jon_Hildrum@msn.com
    www.hildrum.com
    "EJJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my windows 95 os has served me well for the type of work i
    > need to do - until now - my digital camera software
    > requires a windows 98 or XP but apparently you can't
    > upgrade from 95 to XP and u can't buy windows 98
    > anymore..so whats the best solution?!

Windows 98 Windows 95 Windows XP Windows