Service Pack 1 Mistakenly Installed

I had a Dell OEM W95B system, then I installed Service
Pack 1. Now I have a w95A system. How can I get back to
my original OS?
3 answers Last reply
More about service pack mistakenly installed

    "Henry" <hcharlton@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I had a Dell OEM W95B system, then I installed Service
    > Pack 1. Now I have a w95A system. How can I get back to
    > my original OS?

    Reformat the drive and reinstall Win95b, or use the restore disk if one came
    with the computer is about the only thing you can do. The service pack 1
    that
    you used is only for the retail version of Win95, not WIN95b.

    I am not sure that you need to reformat the harddisk. Try reinstalling
    Win95B on top of the current installation.

    Furthermore, if a simple reinstall does not work, it should be
    possible to reinstall Win95B in a new empty folder. The following
    article explains how to install Windows into a new folder:

    How to Reinstall Windows 95 to a New Folder [142096]
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/142/0/96.asp

    Information about reinstalling is also on www.windowsreinstall.com.

    Bill Starbuck (MVP)
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    "Henry" <hcharlton@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I had a Dell OEM W95B system, then I installed Service
    >Pack 1. Now I have a w95A system. How can I get back to
    >my original OS?

    Reinstall your OSR2 overtop of the existing Windows.

    See http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/upgrade.html for advice on
    doing an upgrade install with an OEM version of Windows.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP