Just finished Deus Ex, w00t!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
man what a great game. deus ex is the best fps ive ever played, although short (i took 18 hours and explored almost everything), it has a GREAT story line and the gameplay simply kicks ass. since there are 3 endings, i think im gonna go back and check out the other 2, really hard endings. after playing that game all i can say is "wow, whens deus ex 2 comin out?"

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
It's not exactly a fps, but it's close enough. I liked thief, but deusex is much better.
The story gets a little like a soap opera, but it's still good.....

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yea, they officially call it "instant action role playing", but in my book its closer to a fps. the story is a little predictable in the beginning and middle of the game. but the end of the game is pure genius. 3 groups each trying to pull you to a different goal while another tries to stop you, it sure kept my heart pounding.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...

G

Yep, DE had a truly inspiring story line, it kept me interested(more like "Can I go home early today boss, I got some important errands to do"). I saved it right before the branch off of the three endings and did them all. They were alright, I thought there would be more graphics and movie stile endings, but I guess not. They were good for not having a movie ending. What I didn't like was that you couldn't stay working your original employers. I tried to kill my brother and stay on the dark side, but it never worked. oh well, I still liked the game alot.

There is no problem that an Optimator can't solve!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
did you find a way to save paul? because my friend said he did, but as many times as i tried they always said he died. wouldnt that ruin the story line if he did live?

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I've only played through it to the Tracer Tong part, but Paul was still alive when I got JC's killswitch turned off. I talked to him, and he said it would be a while before he recuperated.

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
I beat the game 3 seperate times, each with the different endings. First time around I didn't save Paul. Second time and Third time I did by sticking a couple of LAM's I pulled off walls.

For grins, when the head guy from FEMA goes to interrogate prisoners, get near the door and walk in with him. Talk to the prisoners in the cell as much as you can, then shock them with the cattle prod. Pisses off the FEMA guy, but saves those guys from being gunned down. :)

G

Nope, Paul died. When I originally found him in the hotel roome right before the MIB break in, I killed all the MIB, but he tells you to go on w/o him, and he was found dead later. If there is a way to save him permanently, I don't know it sorry.

There is no problem that an Optimator can't solve!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thats what i figured.

oh and i also beat it all 3 ways, but i just did so from one save within area 51 instead of playin it 3 whole times.

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

G

i played the game a few months ago (hardest setting) and recently started playing through again (easiest setting this time)... i have found many areas that i missed on my first trip thru ... the game also looks very nice on my radeon 1024x768x32 details set to max ... played on a voodoo2 the first time ... i have been having fun setting booby traps for all the soldiers in the 747 hanger ... hehehehe ... poor slobs all died with three well placed pistol shots ... i also use the gep gun very liberally this time around ... no need to save up supplies knowing that no matter what you do you end up with nothing in the jail cell

Regards,
Chas

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yea, breaking out of majestic 12 was definitely one of the harder parts of the game. it was soooo worth it for all the supplies you get though. :wink:

oh, and did anyone take advantage of the little bug at the end of the sub base level when you take to that guy, if your inventory is full and he tries to hand you the aug upgrade, you can talk to him again and agaiin and keep getting the 500 skill points for doing it, that was so great. and i didnt feel too bad since there was only one more level in the game.

I don't have the time to procrastinate.