What devices support 2 VPN connections at once?

What routers will support 2 VPN connections at once? I have checked
web sites for vendors like Dlink, Linksys, etc. and they don't seem to
have anything I can find on this. On the other hand, some posts here
and that I've found via google seem to indicate that Dlink products
may have this capability but it isn't advertised? Is it so common
these days that they don't bother mentioning it in their specs?

My setup is this: I am connecting to a Nortel Contivity VPN server
(don't know what version it is but I'm sure it is kept reasonably up
to date) I have had one session at a time working just fine through
my Cisco 675 modem, I just had to configure NAT forwarding for port 500
UDP and IP protocol 50. But I can't run more than one VPN session at a
time, because the NAT internal to 675 will set up a forwarding for the
first host's IP so the second host will timeout attempting to connect.

So my thought is that if I can find a router that will support multi
session VPN I can use it to replace my 4 port switch and it will handle
the multi session but look like one IP to the 675 and avoid that
problem. So I just need to find out what devices support this. Anyone
know of a web site where this info is maintained, or have some suggestions
on routers that will/should work with a Nortel VPN?

Thanks!

--
Douglas Siebert dsiebert@excisethis.khamsin.net

When hiring, avoid unlucky people, they are a risk to the firm. Do this by
randomly tossing out 90% of the resumes you receive without looking at them.
1 answer Last reply
More about what devices support connections once

    You should be able to do this with Contivity Client. You do not need
    port forwarding on your router either. The NAT devices ate stateful
    and know about outbound connections and therefore konw where to send
    the packets back to. To get this to work with 2 Contvity connections
    (from different PCs)all you need to do is set NAT Traversal to "on" on
    the Contivity and then make sure that you select allow source port to
    float (cant remember where this setting is). This way, your outbound
    connection will have a dst port of UDP500 and a src port of
    random<1024. This was each stream is different and can be held in the
    NAT state table.

    Hope this helps

    Rossi

    Douglas Siebert <dsiebert@excisethis.khamsin.net> wrote in message news:<ca4qae$uf3$1@narsil.avalon.net>...
    > What routers will support 2 VPN connections at once? I have checked
    > web sites for vendors like Dlink, Linksys, etc. and they don't seem to
    > have anything I can find on this. On the other hand, some posts here
    > and that I've found via google seem to indicate that Dlink products
    > may have this capability but it isn't advertised? Is it so common
    > these days that they don't bother mentioning it in their specs?
    >
    > My setup is this: I am connecting to a Nortel Contivity VPN server
    > (don't know what version it is but I'm sure it is kept reasonably up
    > to date) I have had one session at a time working just fine through
    > my Cisco 675 modem, I just had to configure NAT forwarding for port 500
    > UDP and IP protocol 50. But I can't run more than one VPN session at a
    > time, because the NAT internal to 675 will set up a forwarding for the
    > first host's IP so the second host will timeout attempting to connect.
    >
    > So my thought is that if I can find a router that will support multi
    > session VPN I can use it to replace my 4 port switch and it will handle
    > the multi session but look like one IP to the 675 and avoid that
    > problem. So I just need to find out what devices support this. Anyone
    > know of a web site where this info is maintained, or have some suggestions
    > on routers that will/should work with a Nortel VPN?
    >
    > Thanks!

vpn Support Networking