Toner exhausted issue Samsung SCX-4824FN

Hello,
I have the above-mentioned printer and changed toner cartridges approx 2 weeks ago. All was working well and then all of a sudden it stopped and displayed the message 'Toner Exhausted'. Now I'm exhausted trying to find a solution...

I have checked everything. Have run a tech mode report and no problems showing. It does state there's been 2 cartridges changes and I'm wondering does it register the 'original' cartridge that comes with the printer as number 1??

Also I have downloaded the maintainence manual and it states for versions SCX-4824 & scx-4828 that there should be a CLR error message function under data setup. This may be true for SCX-4824 but it's certainly not in the SCX-4828 options.

My question is how do I fix this. The cartridge is new as stated.
2 answers Last reply
More about toner exhausted issue samsung 4824fn
  1. Is your printer firm ware up to date. How old is the printer? Contact the manufacture for this is an error message.

From what i gather is that their is a chip that is bugging out.

This person had a workaround for a similar problem
    http://www.raneri.it/blog/eng/index.php/2009/10/10/samsung-scx-4300-how-to-reset-the-toner-counter/
  2. one question was the toner a refilled cartridge or a genuine (NEW) samsung toner?
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Samsung Windows 7