urgent - Printers choice: Dell or HP

Hi all,

I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.

What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
experience in printer world...

Thanks for your response !

Bye
4
answers
Last reply
More about urgent printers choice dell

    SvX wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
    > A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
    >
    > What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
    > experience in printer world...
    >
    > Thanks for your response !
    >
    > Bye

    As an experiment, try finding replacement parts for old Dell printers
    and compare that to finding replacement parts for old HP printers.

    Think long term.

    Think service.

    Try to find online printer help for the Dell printers. Try the same for
    HP printers.

    Jim

    On 18 Nov 2004 08:07:25 -0800, gesnaud@fr.st (SvX) wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
    >A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
    >
    >What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
    >experience in printer world...
    >
    >Thanks for your response !
    >
    >Bye

    Don't buy Dell.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Hecate, flat-out short, blunt, negative comments without any justification,
    explanation, or clarification are worthless.

    "Hecate" <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
    > On 18 Nov 2004 08:07:25 -0800, gesnaud@fr.st (SvX) wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
    >>A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
    >>
    >>What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
    >>experience in printer world...
    >>
    >>Thanks for your response !
    >>
    >>Bye
    >
    > Don't buy Dell.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hecate - The Real One
    > Hecate@newsguy.com
    > veni, vidi, reliqui

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:53:47 -0500, "Panos Popadopalous"
    <panos@athens.net> wrote:

    >Hecate, flat-out short, blunt, negative comments without any justification,
    >explanation, or clarification are worthless.

    You want more info? Dell printers are generally made by Lexmark. More
    complaints are made about Lexmark printers than any other I have come
    across. They rarely, if ever, print as well as Canon, Epson or HP.
    They are built down to a price. Dell makes the cartridge holders Dell
    specific so you can only purchase from them and then charge twice as
    much as anyone else for the privilege of purchasing them. How much
    more info would you like?

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

Printers Hewlett Packard Dell Peripherals Product