urgent - Printers choice: Dell or HP

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
November 18, 2004 11:07:25 AM

Hi all,

I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.

What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
experience in printer world...

Thanks for your response !

Bye
Anonymous
a b α HP
November 18, 2004 4:07:21 PM

SvX wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
> A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
>
> What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
> experience in printer world...
>
> Thanks for your response !
>
> Bye

As an experiment, try finding replacement parts for old Dell printers
and compare that to finding replacement parts for old HP printers.

Think long term.

Think service.

Try to find online printer help for the Dell printers. Try the same for
HP printers.

Jim
Anonymous
a b α HP
November 19, 2004 4:16:00 AM

On 18 Nov 2004 08:07:25 -0800, gesnaud@fr.st (SvX) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
>A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
>
>What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
>experience in printer world...
>
>Thanks for your response !
>
>Bye

Don't buy Dell.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate, flat-out short, blunt, negative comments without any justification,
explanation, or clarification are worthless.

"Hecate" <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On 18 Nov 2004 08:07:25 -0800, gesnaud@fr.st (SvX) wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have to make a choice between two Laser color printer:
>>A dell 5100 cn and an HP 3500 n.
>>
>>What do you mind about Dell? It seems robust and fast, but HP had more
>>experience in printer world...
>>
>>Thanks for your response !
>>
>>Bye
>
> Don't buy Dell.
>
> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> veni, vidi, reliqui
Anonymous
a b α HP
November 21, 2004 5:16:24 AM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:53:47 -0500, "Panos Popadopalous"
<panos@athens.net> wrote:

>Hecate, flat-out short, blunt, negative comments without any justification,
>explanation, or clarification are worthless.

You want more info? Dell printers are generally made by Lexmark. More
complaints are made about Lexmark printers than any other I have come
across. They rarely, if ever, print as well as Canon, Epson or HP.
They are built down to a price. Dell makes the cartridge holders Dell
specific so you can only purchase from them and then charge twice as
much as anyone else for the privilege of purchasing them. How much
more info would you like?

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com