sound distortions

ThePriest

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
i experience the following problem. from time to time the speakers make a very very anoying sound, very bad for the ears scratching which is intolerable. it is not cause of the loudspeakers, cause i've tried with my headphones and still the same problem. i changed the audio card with a card from a friend of mine and still the same thing. i change the pci slot of the audio card and still the same... i try to mute some of the settings and yet... nothing is change. can u tell me what kind of problem is this, i think it is not software, so probably there is some interefearance with the hardware. what shall i do?

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Try To Get A Better Power Supply (Or At-Least Try One Out, And/Or Make Sure Nothing Is Near Your PC That Can Cause Interfearance (TV, Radio, Flourecent Lamps..... There Notourious For That Etc.)

G

Maybe it is feedback. If you have your mic hooked up with the gain too high the sounds from the speakers feeds the mic which feeds the speakers which feed the mic etc etc etc......ad nauseum. Unbounded oscillations can break things. You could try lowering the mic gain, if it is hooked up.