Win 95b, Brother 1440

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I would like to know if it is possible to get a Brother
1440 to connecto to a Win95b comp via a USB port. I need
the printer port for another type of printer, and the 1440
that is connected to the computer via the parallel is
still needed as well.
Initial trying/testing tells me that it isn't, but I want
to make sure before I give up and try something else.
Thanks.

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know if it is possible to get a Brother
> 1440 to connecto to a Win95b comp via a USB port. I need
> the printer port for another type of printer, and the 1440
> that is connected to the computer via the parallel is
> still needed as well.
> Initial trying/testing tells me that it isn't, but I want
> to make sure before I give up and try something else.
> Thanks.

Note: USB is not supported under Windows® 95 or Windows NT®4.0

From:
http://www.brother.com/usa/printer/info/hl1440/hl1440_spe.html

You would be better off with the optional network adapter.

HAGGIS

Since USB support is iffy on win95B , you may solve your problem by picking
up a cheap printer switch