Wraith-kun

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I've managed to build an LCD projector using a free monitor and a free overhead projector. The only problem I'm having is that the projector's light source isn't as wide as the LCD panel, and it cuts off an inch on either side of the display. The hardware's control panel lets me shrink the horizontal a little, but it's not enough. So, is there any way to make the desktop's resolution be lower than the viewable area of the screen? If I could do that, the entire display would fit perfectly into the screen. E.G. displaying an 800x600 desktop within a viewable screen area of 1024x768

teawangajim

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
hey buddy not sure how to help you on that one, i did the same ohp projector project i was woundering what monitor you used on the ohp????? im after a list of working lcds becuase the one i've got doesnt allow the circut boards to go on the ohp without obstructin the viewable image. any help would be awesum thanx

JDept

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hey man ......I know it's kinda late, but I may have a solution to your cut-off video .... if you go to http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/ and do a search on "video stripping" or "lcd stripping" ... I have came across this issue before and there's some software out there that'll cut video to specified dimensions so it won't fill your whole lcd. Hope this helps you. Good luck!