upgrade

JeN

can anyone tell me how i can upgrade my pc from win'95 to
win'98 via download

There is a website: http://ezencode.com/index.html they offer downloads but it costs $25 for one Windows Program or you can pay like $5.00 for the shipping cost. Go to the website a read their FAQ's that will tell you what they are about.

"jen" wrote:

> can anyone tell me how i can upgrade my pc from win'95 to
> win'98 via download

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That download site looks iffy to me.

If I were you I would enter "windows 98 se" + upgrade in
Google to find good vendors.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

"jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>can anyone tell me how i can upgrade my pc from win'95 to
>win'98 via download

You can't. (Legally anyway)

You have to buy a CD. Do yourself a favor and go to Win98SE. Much
software and most USB peripherals specify Win98SE as a minimum. You'll
need a full, retail Win98SE CD or a Win98SE upgrade CD. Avoid OEM CDs
since they won't upgrade an existing system.

Microsoft neither makes nor sells these any more, so they are getting
more difficult to find. Try a large computer retailer or eBay.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

There is no download. You have to buy the upgrade.
Try eBay or a large computer store.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "jen"