Need Help with changing paper size with dot matrix (IBM 23..

I have an IBM dot matrix 2381 PPSII and it is connected to my XP machine via
parallel cable.

I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper size
using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one to
be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work. I even have the
tractor fed set to this paper size which is (4 by 8). It always prints and
then advances to the next page thinking it is the size of 8.5 by 11.

I am trying to print to print receipts on form fed or fanfold paper that is
size of 4 by 8, like the size of an envelope.

What to do?
2 answers Last reply
More about need changing paper size matrix

    > I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper
    size
    > using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one
    > be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work.

    Forget about all of them then go to add new printer and choose IBM
    PROPRINTER 24/XL once created go to its properties and disable the spooler
    and set to print directly to port and voila happy printing with that
    printer.

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:10:24 -0500, "xevious" <bobino69@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    >> I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper
    >size
    >> using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one
    >> be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work.
    >
    >Forget about all of them then go to add new printer and choose IBM
    >PROPRINTER 24/XL once created go to its properties and disable the spooler
    >and set to print directly to port and voila happy printing with that
    >printer.

    I suspect that this solution will not solve the problem.
    I am not familiar with XP - I have my dot matrix connected to Win
    3.1 to print labels, and what I had to do was -go to the printer setup
    and change the size of the page in order to be able to print one label
    at a time. You might have to go to the Control Panel and change the
    properties there.

    HTH
    Geo

Printers Matrix IBM Windows XP Peripherals