CD Audio Track

I try to play a CD and I keep getting the message can't
find wmlayer.exc where do I find this and can I download
it.Thanks

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That's wmplayer.exe and its the file for the Windows Media
Player.

You should have it with the CD that you installed Internet
Explorer from. It is one of the components that installs
with IE.

You can't download the latest player from
http://support.microsoft.com/ because it only runs on
indows 98 SE and later versions.

Windows 95 can only use IE 5.5, so you can download that
from http://support.microsoft.com/ if you don't have a CD
that has IE on it.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

If you mean wmplayer.exe (Windows Media Player), you can download it here:

Windows Media Player 6.4 for Windows 95 and Windows NT:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/win32otherx86.aspx

Version 6.4 is the latest that will work with Windows 95.

But to play a CD, all you need is CD Player, which is a Windows 95 component.
Start> Programs> Accessories> Multimedia> CD Player

If it is not listed, add it from your Windows CD this way -
Start> Settings> Control Panel> Add\Remove Programs> Windows Setup tab:
Scroll down the list, select Multimedia, then click Details.
Put a check in the box for CD Player (and make sure you also have Volume Control, Audio Compression, and Media Player).
Click OK.
Click Apply, and insert your Windows CD when prompted.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm