display problems

can not change desk top pixels and had no color on
monitor how do i check for proper display drivers
1 answer Last reply
More about display problems

    Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, and click on
    the Device Manager tab. Click the + sign beside Display
    adapter and see what is written there.

    See this page on the Device Manager:
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Image2.htm

    If it has the name of a video card made by a manufacturer
    such as ATI or nVidia, you have the drivers installed, but
    if the standard Windows VGA driver is installed, you need
    to install the latest driver file for Windows 95 for that
    make and model of video card.

    You can idenity the video card by looking at it, or by
    using one of these free utilities:

    Belarc Advisor - creates an analysis of the hardware and
    software on a computer -

    http://www.belarc.com/ and
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/support/belarc_download.asp

    The Aida32 utility is no longer being developed, but
    almost exactly the same program called Lavalys Everest
    Home Edition, which is being developed, can be downloaded
    from: http://www.lavalys.com/

    You could also use Google to find a driver file by
    entering the model of video card between double quote
    marks if there is more than one word, followed by + driver
    + "windows 95".

    Eric,
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
    http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/