How I can delete icon in my desktop

How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.
4 answers Last reply
More about delete icon desktop

    "Betty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
    > deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.

    If they are shortcuts (have a little arrow on them) just delete. The IE
    icon can be removed by taking the checkmark out of
    tools/options/advanced/'show icon on desktop'. My Documents and My Computer
    require stronger measures.

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:29:16 -0700, "Betty"

    >How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
    >deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.

    Make sure that the icons that you want to delete are shortcuts - you
    can find that out by "right-clicking" the icon and looking at
    properties. Once you are sure that they are shortcuts - just
    right-click and click "delete".

    Editor of
    The Sexual Site Review!
    http://thereview.bravehost.com/x-review.htm
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    I did with the shortcuts, but I do not know if I can
    delete the application icons too.Thanks for your reply.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Can the application icons be deleted too.

Desktops Microsoft Windows