How I can delete icon in my desktop

Betty

How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.

"Betty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
> deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.

If they are shortcuts (have a little arrow on them) just delete. The IE
icon can be removed by taking the checkmark out of
tools/options/advanced/'show icon on desktop'. My Documents and My Computer
require stronger measures.

Marty

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:29:16 -0700, "Betty"

>How I can delete some icons in my desktop, without
>deleting the programs. Thanks for your reply.

Make sure that the icons that you want to delete are shortcuts - you
can find that out by "right-clicking" the icon and looking at
properties. Once you are sure that they are shortcuts - just
right-click and click "delete".

Editor of
The Sexual Site Review!
http://thereview.bravehost.com/x-review.htm

Betty

I did with the shortcuts, but I do not know if I can
delete the application icons too.Thanks for your reply.

Betty

Can the application icons be deleted too.