A required CD/DVD device driver is missing If you have a driver on a floppy disk

REYNKD

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hello,
I have a Windows 7 PRO 32 Bit OS License and DVD media. I am building a completely new PC - AMD Processor; Gigabyte Motherboard; SATA hard drives; a pair of SATA DVD Recorder/Player drives; memory, etc. The configuration is able to boot the Windows 7 Pro installation. The installation apparently progresses until the following message appears. "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver on a floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB Flash Driver, please insert it now." I am unable to locate the CD/DVD device driver I need to allow the installation to proceed. Anyone encountered this problem and successfully overcame this Microsoft mess?

REYNKD

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011

thank you. But I had seen this forum previously and found none of the posts helpful. Most respondents were rude and their solutions not viable.

"Most recent drivers" I don't want to seem naive, but who has the most recent drivers. Neither HP nor Lite-on provide drivers for their DVD Drives. They both tell me Microsoft uses a standard DVD driver. I can not find same on the Microsoft Support site.

Thanks

That post did have a fix, is the DVD the original one from MS?

"Thank you for the responses. I tried re-burning and that did not work. After much frustration, I decided to re-download and low and behold the new download is twice as big as the first one: 2.4G vs 1.2G. I burned this one and I've had no problems with the install. Amazing the difference having all the code will make."

Try the disk on another PC, that would rule out an issue with your hardware. You can also try to run the setup with just one optical drive connected, and a different SATA port if you rule out any issues with the setup disks.

REYNKD

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011

Crestian Cabahug

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

I Have the same problem right now!! i tried lots and lots of options none of them works.
i have encounter lots of videos in youtube havin the same problems and also try their techniques and how to fix the problem and of course also failed..anyone please help me.would b acppreciated.
im running a Asrock g14c-Gs with 775 socket 32bit 2gb ram and 500gb HDD.