Spool32 caused an invalid page fault

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 25, 2004 4:14:32 PM

I am getting the following error message at start up :

SPOOL32 caused an invalid page fault in module SPOOLSS.DLL
at 0137:7fbe2037

I can "CLOSE" past this and startup in safe mode but not
in normal start up.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance ,

Lanny
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 7:36:30 PM

How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;191949

The Ultimate Windows Spool32 FAQ
http://www.starkreality.com/~callen/spool32.htm

Is it a networked computer? Home computer? Network or local printer installed?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Lanny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting the following error message at start up :
>
> SPOOL32 caused an invalid page fault in module SPOOLSS.DLL
> at 0137:7fbe2037
>
> I can "CLOSE" past this and startup in safe mode but not
> in normal start up.
>
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> Thanks in advance ,
>
> Lanny
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 7:36:31 PM

Home computer, connected (hard wired)to a cable modem
network(not the host machine), printer installed but not
conected

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 8:00:17 PM

If you have Client for NetWare Networks AND Client for Microsoft networks installed
in Control Panel> Network, remove NetWare Networks if you do not use it....that
*may* help.

Microsoft used to have an updated file to fix spoolss.dll errors, but they no longer
have it available, as they no longer support Windows 95.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=159873

However, you may want to take a look here:
Updating the Windows 95 Spool Driver:
http://support.mfm.com/support/troubleshooting/printing...
--

!