Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:20:08 GMT, boB wrote:

> Just some nostalgia
>

> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/jet.jpg
>
> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/red-oct.jpg
>
> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/super-huey.jpg
>

> And this thing!!!!! I don't remember buying it, but I guess I did.
> Immediate problem is my laptop is a P100 with Win95 (German Ver) and no
> CD ROM.
>
> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/sky-map.jpg

Lately I've been wondering why it is that I can't see your pics.
How long do you usually keep them available for viewing?

--

Marcel
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:20:08 GMT, boB wrote:
>
>> Just some nostalgia
>>

>> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/jet.jpg
>>
>> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/red-oct.jpg
>>
>> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/super-huey.jpg
>>

>> And this thing!!!!! I don't remember buying it, but I guess I did.
>> Immediate problem is my laptop is a P100 with Win95 (German Ver) and no
>> CD ROM.
>>
>> http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/sky-map.jpg
>
> Lately I've been wondering why it is that I can't see your pics.
> How long do you usually keep them available for viewing?

I too have the same problem and have found that I can view them if I turn
off Norton Internet security!

Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:20:08 GMT

Just some nostalgia

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/jet.jpg

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/red-oct.jpg

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/super-huey.jpg

And this thing!!!!! I don't remember buying it, but I guess I did.
Immediate problem is my laptop is a P100 with Win95 (German Ver)
and no CD ROM.

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/sky-map.jpg

You forget two other great ones, boB! Check them out at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wolffsoft@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

I've never tried this Yahoo Photo stuff out before. So hopefully I have
the URL correct so others can view them. Now pick the album called
"SkinFlicks"... no that was a joke! Really pick "SimSnapShots". If you
want the full size images, I guess you have to download each one.

Cheers!

Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

crash

BillW50 wrote:
> "SimSnapShots". If you want the full size images, I guess you have to
> download each one.

I copy the strip to a file, and use a photo editor to open them actual
size......

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 14:29:28 +0000 (UTC), Steve P wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>> Lately I've been wondering why it is that I can't see your pics.
>> How long do you usually keep them available for viewing?
>>

> I too have the same problem and have found that I can view them if I turn
> off Norton Internet security!

Why would I want to do that?
I only have that problem with boB's links. Everyone elses work perfectly.
I don't get it.

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

>>And this thing!!!!! I don't remember buying it, but I guess I did.
>>Immediate problem is my laptop is a P100 with Win95 (German Ver) and no
>>CD ROM.
>>
>>http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/sky-map.jpg
>

> Lately I've been wondering why it is that I can't see your pics.
> How long do you usually keep them available for viewing?

Hi Marcel,

I don't take them down but when ImageShack started loading "Adult" ads I
quit using them.

If it's my web page, let me know and I'll go into it and find out what's
wrong.

A have many directorys there that I haven't listed on the index page,
it's a todo thing. :)

http://flightsims.vze.com/

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

BillW50 wrote:

> You forget two other great ones, boB! Check them out at:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wolffsoft@sbcglobal.net/my_photos
>
> I've never tried this Yahoo Photo stuff out before. So hopefully I have
> the URL correct so others can view them. Now pick the album called
> "SkinFlicks"... no that was a joke! Really pick "SimSnapShots". If you
> want the full size images, I guess you have to download each one.
>

> Cheers!

I haven't seen them before. Chucky grew up 70 miles from my hometown.
That doesn't mean doodly-squat and he never even offered me a ride in
the X-15.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 14:29:28 +0000 (UTC), Steve P wrote:
>

>>"Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>>
>>>Lately I've been wondering why it is that I can't see your pics.
>>>How long do you usually keep them available for viewing?
>>>

>>I too have the same problem and have found that I can view them if I turn
>>off Norton Internet security!
>

> Why would I want to do that?
> I only have that problem with boB's links. Everyone elses work perfectly.
> I don't get it.

Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?

http://xs.to/

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

> Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?
>
> http://xs.to/

I feel I should chime in to say that your images loaded fine for me and at
full size.

boB wrote:
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:

>>> I too have the same problem and have found that I can view them if I
>>> turn off Norton Internet security!
>>

>> Why would I want to do that?
>> I only have that problem with boB's links. Everyone elses work perfectly.
>> I don't get it.
>>

> Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?
>
> http://xs.to/

Could be. When I look at pictures from your links I only see 1 x 1.5
inch images. I'm pretty sure your not putting them up like that. All
the others links show full sized pictures.

No problem here either -- the small pics come up first, then automatically,
the large pics are displayed a few seconds later.

Moke G.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:33:28 GMT, boB wrote:

> Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?
>
> http://xs.to/

Well the weird thing is that the shots of Sadie showed up fine, but most
others don't. Any thoughts on this?

--

Marcel
(If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:33:28 GMT, boB wrote:
>

>>Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?
>>
>>http://xs.to/
>

> Well the weird thing is that the shots of Sadie showed up fine, but most
> others don't. Any thoughts on this?

Hi Marcel,
Have you tried to download the image to see it. I know, that's a lot of
trouble for some images. Do you have a second browser where you can
load the images? I can recommend Netscape 8.0 beta which is a browser
only, no mail or composer. It has an option to load in IE format.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:59:41 -0500

BillW50 wrote:
> "SimSnapShots". If you want the full size images, I guess you have to
> download each one.

I copy the strip to a file, and use a photo editor to open them
actual size......

I'm still trying to figure out how you did this. I must have Photo
Editor around here from a scanner or a camera somewhere around here. But
that shouldn't make any difference.

BillW50 wrote:

> I'm still trying to figure out how you did this. I must have Photo
> Editor around here from a scanner or a camera somewhere around here.
> But that shouldn't make any difference.

After Explorer brings up the strip, first it usually gives a quick glimse of
maybe the first image full size, then downsizes the entire strip to fit the
screen. I right click on the strip, "save as XXXX.jpg" where ever you want
it. Then open it using Ulead PhotoImpact (like PhotoShop, etc.) and just
tell it to show actual size..

Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:30:55 GMT

BillW50 wrote:

> You forget two other great ones, boB! Check them out at:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wolffsoft@sbcglobal.net/my_photos
>
> I've never tried this Yahoo Photo stuff out before. So hopefully I
> have the URL correct so others can view them. Now pick the album
> called "SkinFlicks"... no that was a joke! Really pick
> "SimSnapShots". If you want the full size images, I guess you have
> to download each one.

I haven't seen them before.

Both Chuck Yeager and Aces of Aces were excellent flight simulators in
my humble opinion.

Chucky grew up 70 miles from my hometown. That doesn't mean doodly-
squat and he never even offered me a ride in the X-15.

Where did he grow up? In Texas? Chuck's simulator was a lot of fun. My
favorite was the SR-71. As you could zoom straight up in clear blue sky
and then it would turn to outer space with black sky and lots of starts.
Although it was hairy once the forward speed stopped. But still a lot of
fun anyway. <grin>

The worst was the X-1. I can look up the exact quote, but I believe
Chuck claimed he only had flown that one once. And they could never get
him back in that thing again. I probably flown it 3 times and that thing
was almost like being strapped on a rocket. Although a very poorly
maneuverable rocket. It's really scary, even on the simulator.

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:29:02 -0500

BillW50 wrote:

> I'm still trying to figure out how you did this. I must have Photo
> Editor around here from a scanner or a camera somewhere around here.
> But that shouldn't make any difference.

After Explorer brings up the strip, first it usually gives a quick
glimse of maybe the first image full size, then downsizes the
entire strip to fit the screen. I right click on the strip, "save
as XXXX.jpg" where ever you want it. Then open it using Ulead
PhotoImpact (like PhotoShop, etc.) and just tell it to show actual
size..

Oh... I got the impression that you were downloading the whole album is
a single shot. Although it now sounds like you have to download each one
individually like the rest of us do.

Supposedly this is the correct URL:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wolffsoft@sbcglobal.net

But whenever I try it, I get an error that the album has been removed or
two other things. Does this actually work for anybody else?

BillW50 wrote:
> Oh... I got the impression that you were downloading the whole album
> is a single shot.

I am. It's all one looonnngggg .jpg image, just like a strip of film or a
proof strip. When PhotoImpact opens it full size, I just scroll down the
strip... One file...

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:22:09 GMT, boB wrote:

> Have you tried to download the image to see it. I know, that's a lot of

Yep. Didn't work.

> trouble for some images. Do you have a second browser where you can
> load the images? I can recommend Netscape 8.0 beta which is a browser
> only, no mail or composer. It has an option to load in IE format.

No second brouwer. I don't think my laptop can take that extra pressure.
It's already multi-tasking as it is.

--

Marcel
(You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:58:15 GMT, boB wrote:

> Try this Marcel.
>
> http://www.flightsims.vze.com/sky-map.jpg
>
> http://www.flightsims.vze.com/super-huey.jpg
>
> http://www.flightsims.vze.com/jet.jpg
>
> http://www.flightsims.vze.com/red-oct.jpg

That's better.
Thanks, Uncle Downloader. :)

Geez that brings tears to my eyes. I sure miss those 5 1/4 floppys!
They sure worked better than tapes.

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

Marcel;

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I especially liked jet.....

meh

meh wrote:

> Marcel;
>
> Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I especially liked jet.....
>

>>Geez that brings tears to my eyes. I sure miss those 5 1/4 floppys!
>>They sure worked better than tapes.
>>
>>--

Yesa, Jet. Thought I was flying the next big cutting edge program.
Now look at it.....

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Matt B. wrote:

> "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>
>>Is it the new web page I have been saving my image strips?
>>
>>http://xs.to/
>

> I feel I should chime in to say that your images loaded fine for me and at
> full size.

That's good Matt. Sometimes I get turned backwards. I use 4 different
browsers so don't usually see what happens on each. I use Firefox mainly
with Netscape 8.0 beta second, then Netscape 7.? because AVSIM won't let
me log in with the first 2. Then last IE if what I'm looking at is
geared only for IE.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)