unable to read files written on a CD-R using Windows 95

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 28, 2004 7:09:46 PM

I wrote several executable programs on a cd-r ROM using
Windows XP but when I went to read and execute these from
the CD Rom on a Windows 95 system, the files were not
detected. However, I was able to read them from the Cd on
a Windows 98 system.

Would appreciated any information as to what caused this
and what I can do to resolve the problem.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 7:48:02 PM

Eugene Taranto <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605a01c474ef$97c125c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I wrote several executable programs on a cd-r ROM using
> Windows XP but when I went to read and execute these from
> the CD Rom on a Windows 95 system, the files were not
> detected. However, I was able to read them from the Cd on
> a Windows 98 system.
>
> Would appreciated any information as to what caused this
> and what I can do to resolve the problem.

It is probably a simple matter of the CD-ROM drive being
incapable of reading that media.

That drive may work with another brand of CDR disc,
or it just may be too old.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:53:05 PM

What format did you use to create the CD? Windows 95 cannot read UDF
without assistance. See, for instance:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid...
http://thetechnozone.com/pcbuyersguide/hardware/storage...
http://www.download.com/Adaptec-UDF-Reader-Driver/3000-...

Also, the W95 system might have problems reading a CD created with CDFS if
the CD hasn't been closed.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (DTS)