unable to read files written on a CD-R using Windows 95

I wrote several executable programs on a cd-r ROM using
Windows XP but when I went to read and execute these from
the CD Rom on a Windows 95 system, the files were not
detected. However, I was able to read them from the Cd on
a Windows 98 system.

Would appreciated any information as to what caused this
and what I can do to resolve the problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about unable read files written windows

    Eugene Taranto <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605a01c474ef$97c125c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > I wrote several executable programs on a cd-r ROM using
    > Windows XP but when I went to read and execute these from
    > the CD Rom on a Windows 95 system, the files were not
    > detected. However, I was able to read them from the Cd on
    > a Windows 98 system.
    >
    > Would appreciated any information as to what caused this
    > and what I can do to resolve the problem.

    It is probably a simple matter of the CD-ROM drive being
    incapable of reading that media.

    That drive may work with another brand of CDR disc,
    or it just may be too old.

    What format did you use to create the CD? Windows 95 cannot read UDF
    without assistance. See, for instance:
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6944,00.asp
    http://thetechnozone.com/pcbuyersguide/hardware/storage/udf.html
    http://www.download.com/Adaptec-UDF-Reader-Driver/3000-2100-9497911.html

    Also, the W95 system might have problems reading a CD created with CDFS if
    the CD hasn't been closed.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (DTS)
    "Eugene Taranto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I wrote several executable programs on a cd-r ROM using
    > Windows XP but when I went to read and execute these from
    > the CD Rom on a Windows 95 system, the files were not
    > detected. However, I was able to read them from the Cd on
    > a Windows 98 system.
    >
    > Would appreciated any information as to what caused this
    > and what I can do to resolve the problem.

CD-Rom Windows 95 Windows