mhtml icons

Not a problem really but when saving web pages as mhtml
single files I noticed different icons for some pages. The
files open properly it's just curious why the icons are
different

I think you may be referring to "favicons":
http://www.clickfire.com/viewpoints/articles/favicons.php
Some web designers create unique icons for their sites. They are stored in the Temp
folder on your computer, so they usually disappear if you empty your Temp
folder....unless you use a third-party app to save them.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm