The London Air Show -- FS10

I visited the London Air Show yesterday at Earls Court (also on today and
tomorrow), and made enquiries at the MS Flight Sim stand. They were keeping
their thoughts to themselves and basically pleaded ignorance about any new
FS release.

However, on visiting other flightsim stands (particularly 'Alpine Systems'),
one of the staff there told me that there is DEFINETELY going to be an FS10
release, and he had heard through the grapevine that it is to be released
this October.

He said the new sim will be geared around the new 64 bit machines that are
now coming to the fore, although it will work at a much slower frame rate on
the present 32 bit pc's. The assumption has to be that the graphic details
will be a vast improvement over the present sim.

Alpine were demonstrating FS9 using the following hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1Gb DDR Memory
200 Gb 8 Mb Cache HDD
GeForce 6600 GT 128Mb Graphics

.... and they were using a 40 in wide screen LED monitor.

Moke G.

"Moke G" <moke@gibboni.greatxscape .net> wrote in message
>I visited the London Air Show yesterday at Earls Court (also on today and
>tomorrow), and made enquiries at the MS Flight Sim stand. They were keeping
>their thoughts to themselves and basically pleaded ignorance about any new
>FS release.

You should have offered to buy them lunch! :)

Victor

"Moke G" <moke@gibboni.greatxscape .net> wrote in message
> He said the new sim will be geared around the new 64 bit machines that are
> now coming to the fore, although it will work at a much slower frame rate
> on the present 32 bit pc's.

If that's true then I won't be standing in line to get a copy! :0))

Iain